- Eat Too Much? Try an After-Dinner Digestif
- Amazing Views and Cocktails Abound at Downtown’s Fog Room
- Six Inspired Bloody Marys to Sip in Seattle
- Old Ballard Liquor Co. Transforms from Distillery into a Scandinavian Bar
Recently (in the full scope of time) got to go down to a newish bar in Seattle, called Black Cat, and I loved it, with its amazing metal-album-cover mural, friendly staff, fun and tasty drinks, and owner Dustin Haarstad, who makes a swell cocktail and is a darn friendly fellow himself. While there, I had a fantastic Calvados-based cocktail called A Rose in the Fall, and then (because I have a nice guardian angel) I got to write about the drink and the spot for the smiley Seattle magazine. You should go read all about A Rose in the Fall, and visit Black Cat, too. You’ll be happy, I’ll be happy, they’ll be happy, and the world needs more happy.
The seasons are changing, but one thing remains: I’ve been lucky enough to keep writing about swell Seattle bars and such for the super Seattle Magazine. In case you’ve missed any (and I’m sure you haven’t, but just in case), below is a trio of charmers that will have you hopping out to local spots – if you live in Seattle, of course. If you don’t, come visit:
- 5 Bars To Go To For Pre-Seahawks Game Cocktails
- Find Comfort Food and Cocktails and Sawyer, New in Ballard
- 5 Best Seattle Bars for Summer Drinking
As you know (because I’ve told you) Washington State’s distillers are a dandy, creative, amazing bunch. They just keep putting out more and more tasty, imaginative, treats for drinkers here and there and everywhere. Case in point: I recently wrote about Four Leaf Spirits, a distillery based in Woodinville who makes tea-infused liqueurs and spirits, as well as rums under the Puget Sound Rum Company name. Want to learn more? Of course you do! Read the article cleverly-titled: How One Seattle Distillery Is Using Tea to Infuse Spirits and then start tracking down some bottles.
- Navy Strength (Deservedly) Named Best New American Bar
- Li’l Woody’s in South Lake Union Now Has Boozy Drinks and an Outdoor Deck
- 5 Best Hotel Bars in Seattle
- A Booming Ballard Corner Welcomes a New Neighborhood Bar