- Hey pals and friends and compatriots from here and there and everywhere. I’ve been having some fun on the funtastic Seattle Magazine lately, with a number of pieces talking about some swell spots here in the Emerald City and near to here. Not that I’m saying you’ve missed any of these, but just in case, check out the below:
- Set Sail to Tacoma for Rum Drinks and a Pirate’s Life at Devil’s Reef
- Downtown’s New Wood-Fire Haven Proves Hotel Bars Don’t Have to be Boring
- Seattle’s Cinematic New Whiskey Bar Would Drive Bruce Campbell Wild
- Capitol Hill’s New Late-Night Deli, Hidden High-Concept Cocktail Bar is Ambitious
- Beacon Hill’s New Wine Bar is a Cozy Community Center
I recently talked right here about the recent (it’s all so recent!) Seattle magazine tiki article I put together about the wave of tiki drinks up this-a-way, and why folks love them so much. To follow that up, I went and visited a couple (a trio of tiki spots) places mentioned in said article with the fine folks at Evening, which up here shows on King 5. If you missed it (which is fine, really), they hey, check out a taste of the tropics with me!
Hello rummies! I recently was lucky enough to write about top-rate tiki bars in Seattle and Tacoma – at least some of them – for the grass-skirt-shaking Seattle magazine. The tiki movement is back in full swing up here (and, really, most spots), and it was sweet to be able to sip and sip some more island style drinks. But hey, don’t listen to me blather on – go check out the tiki talking right now.
At least, “Three Seattle Bars for Comfort Drinking” was what the fine folks at Seattle magazine asked me to write about for a recent issue. I wasn’t sure, exactly, which way to take it – then decided to just write about three bars I thought were always ready with good service, good drinks, good food, and individual personalities that set them apart to me, in a way that’s fun. What’d I pick? I’m not telling – you have a read the article! But one hint: the bars are No Anchor, Witness, and No Bones Beach Club. But no hints – go read up on great Seattle bars.