- Eat Too Much? Try an After-Dinner Digestif
- Amazing Views and Cocktails Abound at Downtown’s Fog Room
- Six Inspired Bloody Marys to Sip in Seattle
- Old Ballard Liquor Co. Transforms from Distillery into a Scandinavian Bar
Recently (in the full scope of time) got to go down to a newish bar in Seattle, called Black Cat, and I loved it, with its amazing metal-album-cover mural, friendly staff, fun and tasty drinks, and owner Dustin Haarstad, who makes a swell cocktail and is a darn friendly fellow himself. While there, I had a fantastic Calvados-based cocktail called A Rose in the Fall, and then (because I have a nice guardian angel) I got to write about the drink and the spot for the smiley Seattle magazine. You should go read all about A Rose in the Fall, and visit Black Cat, too. You’ll be happy, I’ll be happy, they’ll be happy, and the world needs more happy.
The seasons are changing, but one thing remains: I’ve been lucky enough to keep writing about swell Seattle bars and such for the super Seattle Magazine. In case you’ve missed any (and I’m sure you haven’t, but just in case), below is a trio of charmers that will have you hopping out to local spots – if you live in Seattle, of course. If you don’t, come visit:
- 5 Bars To Go To For Pre-Seahawks Game Cocktails
- Find Comfort Food and Cocktails and Sawyer, New in Ballard
- 5 Best Seattle Bars for Summer Drinking
I love gin. I love things that have been in barrels (booze in barrels, at least). So, it will come as no surprise to you that I am a fan of barrel-aged, or barrel-rested, gins. It will also come as no surprise to you (long time reader) that Washington-state barrel-aged gins are the ones I’m most a fan of – cause I love our local distillers up here. With that preamble, let me introduce you to an article called: Seattle Distillers Make a Spirited Case for Barrel-Aged Gin, which I wrote for Seattle Magazine. Truth moment: it’s not just Seattle distillers – because non-Seattle WA-state distillers are also making mighty barrel-aged gins! Learn all about all of them, then buy a bottle or three because they’re ideal for this time of year, as well as other times.
- Navy Strength (Deservedly) Named Best New American Bar
- Li’l Woody’s in South Lake Union Now Has Boozy Drinks and an Outdoor Deck
- 5 Best Hotel Bars in Seattle
- A Booming Ballard Corner Welcomes a New Neighborhood Bar